You will get your jamb syllabus for Arabic for the UTME 2020 here. The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Arabic is to prepare candidates for admission into tertiary institutions through the Board’s examination. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives, which are to:
- Answer comprehension questions correctly in standard Arabic.
- Translate simple texts from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Apply the rules of Arabic grammar functionally.
- Appreciate Arabic literary texts within the contexts of their environment and eras.
- Use Arabic as a living world language in communication where necessary.
The syllabus consists of five sections:
- SECTION A: COMPREHENSION
- SECTION B: TRANSLATION
- SECTION C: GRAMMAR
- SECTION D: COMPOSITION
- SECTION E: ARABIC LITERATURE
Download the PDF version of the syllabus here.
It is essential for you to use this in conjunction with your Textbooks. You should see our guide on materials needed for jamb.
I hope you will make good use of this jamb syllabus for Arabic very well. Kindly share this article with friends and colleagues who would be needing this.