On the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Postgraduate Admission Form for 2019/2020 Academic Session, this is to inform candidates who wish to register for the Postgraduate Programs of the Obafemi Awolowo University, that the form is now out for purchase.
In this article, we are going to show you the process of registering, the available programs, requirements and also some necessary things to know.
OAU Available Postgraduate Programmes
The programs available are : Postgraduate Diploma (PGD); Professional Masters (MBA, MPA, MIR, M.Arch. MM Psych, LL.M. etc); Masters with Research Thesis (M.Sc., M.A, M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree Programmes.
OAU Postgraduate Programmes Admission Requirements
(a) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
An Applicant for admission to Postgraduate Diploma of the University shall be: (i) a graduate of the Obafemi Awolowo University with at least 3rd Class Degree. (ii) a graduate of any other approved University with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower.
(b) Master Degree Programmes:
An Applicant shall normally possess not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) Honours Degree of the Obafemi Awolowo University or any other approved University.
(c) Master of Philosophy Degree Programmes:
An Applicant shall possess first class or a very strong second class (Upper Division) with CGPA of 4.0 and above.
(d) Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programmes
An applicant for admission to the Ph.D. Degree programme shall be: a graduate of the Obafemi Awolowo University or any other approved University who possesses a Master Degree with research thesis and a weighted coursework average which shall normally be not less than 60 %(B+).
(e) VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE
In addition to the admission requirements as published, ALL Candidates should please note that in accordance with the University regulations, they must satisfy the O’ Level requirements for matriculation into first degree programmes of the Obafemi Awolowo University, i.e. Five Credit passes at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics (where required).
Applicants are required to be prepared for a short test if their Faculty/Department of choice so desired.
Duration of OAU Postgraduate Programmes
(a) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time – 2 Semesters
(b) Master Degree Programmes
- Full-Time Master Degree by Course work and Long Essay/Project -3 Semesters
- Full-Time Master Degree by Coursework and Research Thesis – 4 Semesters
(c) Ph.D. Programmes
- Full-Time Minimum Duration – 6 Semesters
- Part-Time Minimum Duration – 8 semesters (for Staff only)
How to Apply for OAU Postgraduate
PURCHASE OF APPLICATION FORM SHALL BE THROUGH ON-LINE ONLY.
Candidates can conveniently complete the application form and pay by taking the following steps:
Step 1: Log on to http://apply.oaunetque.com
Step 2: Click on Create application account and use a viable personal e-mail address and password to Create an application account.
Step 3: With the e-mail and password combination, applicants should sign in and accurately fill the pages of the application form.
Step 4: Click on Remita to pay the application processing fee (ATM cards for all banks are supported)
Step 5: Applicants should forward the following relevant documents in support of their applications.
- Photocopy of University Degree Certificate
- Photocopy of NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Photocopy of O’ Level Certificate(s) (WAEC/NECO)
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
- The original transcript obtained from the Applicant’s University plus duly completed downloaded Obafemi Awolowo University Postgraduate College Transcript Label; (i)-(v) must be properly addressed to:
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- Kindly note that another set of relevant documents in support of your applications as specified in (i)-(v) should also be forwarded to the Head of Department of your choice.
- Application processing fee for all programmes costs N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira only) while all Professional programmes costs N20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira Only).
- Application processing fee can also be paid using the OAU Postgraduate online application scratch cards.
- The progress of completed application forms can be monitored online and notification will be sent to applicants once decisions are made on the applications.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their applications by e-mail.
- All Applicants should please note that they will be bound by all the Regulations Governing Postgraduate Studies at the Obafemi Awolowo University if their applications are successful.
- For additional information, visit the Postgraduate College Website at http://apply.oaunetque.com
- Sponsors such as employment agencies, Ministries, Corporations, Parastatals, and Foreign Missions should advise their candidates to apply personally for application forms and multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of all applications forwarded.
- Any candidate currently registered on a Postgraduate program in this University and who applies for admission into another postgraduate program without such a disclosure on the application form and who fails to duly withdraw from such a current program with the approval of the Senate will automatically forfeit his studentship under the existing University Regulation.
- Applications without Transcripts will not be considered.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR OAU POSTGRADUATE REGISTRATION
Duly completed Application forms must be submitted online on or before March 31, 2021.
- Any applicant whose original transcript does not reach us before the admission exercise begins “will not be admitted”.
- Successful candidates will receive their letters of admissions through the e-mail addresses supplied, upon payment of the acceptance fee.
If you find this helpful, kindly share with your friends using the share button below either with WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter.
Also, be a part of our email subscriber’s community by inputting when prompted to enter your email. For you to be well informed on the newest updates.